A Chronicle of Procrastination

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Graduation Day

Today was the final class of Wilton Course II at Michael's. After 8 weeks of guidance from our instructor, I think that Laura D. and I can safely say that we are accomplished cake decorators. We're going to take a one month sabbatical before we go for Course III in May.

Here's Laura's lovely cake with juniper green basketweave, daisies, daffodils, and apple blossoms.

Here's my cake with white basketweave with mostly the same flowers, plus some pansies. I LOVED how the pansies came out. I'm thinking about doing some Gettysburg-themed orange and blue ones for something. Laura and I both decided that the 6" round is a good idea when doing basketweave...any more cake than that, and it's way too much energy!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That's impressive...both your cakes look AWESOME :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always get so hungry looking at your blog. Now I definitely need a 30th birthday cake from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're nuts doing Course III- you've got to do a tiered cake! I'm quite impressed with your Course II productions....

    ReplyDelete