A Chronicle of Procrastination

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tiramasu Cupcakes

I'm not sure I can really describe how thrilled I have been with Martha's new cupcake book. I'm so anxious to try every recipe in there!

This past weekend, we were guests at our friends' Italian feast. This was an opportunity to try out a new recipe from the cookbook. I decided to take a stab at Martha's Tiramsu Cupcakes.
The cake part was a dense sponge cake, which to me, sort of seems like an oxymoron. Since the cupcakes are drenched with a syrup made of espresso and Marsala, the cupcakes need to be able to stand up to a bunch of liquid. However, for me, the balance wasn't quite right and I think they need a bit more liquid to more closely resemble tiramsu.
The icing was scrumptious! Whipped cream, marscarpone, and powdered sugar. No problems there at all.

Overall, I think the cupcakes were enjoyed, and I'll try this recipe again.

No comments:

Post a Comment