A Chronicle of Procrastination

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I Heart Royal Icing

This week was the third lesson in Wilton Course 3. The entire class was flowers, mostly using royal icing and the lily nail. I'm already a big fan of royal icing. It doesn't taste great, but you can do beautiful flowers that you can take to the grave with you. One could probably make all the royal icing flowers needed for life in a weekend (that is if your hands don't cramp out on you!). In class, we learned the poinsettia (pink), petunia (yellow), morning glory (blue and white), and the Easter lilly (white). These may be making an appearence on my final cake for next week...
We also learned how to do a fondant rose. I can't say that my first attempt at the fondant rose was really outstanding, but I have no pictures to show because the ones I made in class fell on the way home. (Don't feel bad, it was for their own good.) I'm hoping to practice some more of those this week and possibly include them on my final cake.



No comments:

Post a Comment