A Chronicle of Procrastination

Friday, March 5, 2010

Digital Scrapbooking

Recently, I decided that I really need to figure how scrapbooking fit into my overall life priorities. With the birth of my daughter, I really have A LOT of stuff that I need to make sure is accurately and beautifully chronicled. However small she may be, another human residing in our 1300 sq. ft. home has really cut down on the crafting space in this house. Therefore, I decided to give digital scrapbooking a go since all I need is my computer to do it.

I purchased the My Digital Studio software from my Stampin' Up demonstrator Paula Hodges. So far, I'm really excited about how it works. Another customer told me that it was similar to MS PowerPoint in use, and I'm finding that to be true. Sure, there are plenty of other ways to digital scrapbook using some free photo editing programs, or Adobe PhotoShop, but My Digital Studio appears to be really user friendly. It all uses all the Stampin' Up colors, punches, stamps, etc., so you can combine it was some actual paper crafting.

Right now I'm working on a photo book of my daughter's first few months and a calendar for my husband and I to use at our offices. Here's a sample of one of the pages I will use for the calendar.
(Excuse some of the lines...things hangover because this will be printed and cropped to full bleed.)

No comments:

Post a Comment