A Chronicle of Procrastination

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Finally....a cake!

I took all of those cake decorating classes last spring, and I'm not even sure if I used any of my new skills outside of class! Last weekend, my daughter was baptised, so I decided it was the perfect occasion to resurrect my cake decorating expertise!

I made a two-tiered cake, each tier having three layers. I called it a "Neopolitan" Cake since the layer were chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla. That was a big hit! The cake is frosted with real vanilla buttercream and covered in rolled marshmallow fondant. I decorated it with royal icing apple blossoms and used decorator's frosting to pipe my daughter's monogram on the top. My fondant skills were a little rusty, but I was able to cover up imperfections with the apple blossoms!

3 comments:

  1. Yay for marshmallow fondant! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!! Can't wait to see pictures of the event :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cake is gorgeous!! What's that I smell?...buttercream and a backup profession! :)

    ReplyDelete