A Chronicle of Procrastination

Sunday, May 16, 2010

My New Stash

At MDSW, I was quite successful in finding yarn for several projects I would like to start this year. As a side note, I am also interested in starting several projects that I bought yarn for last year...


Anyhoo--here we go.


Socks that Rock Medium weight by Blue Moon Fiber Arts.


Socks that Rock Silkie by Blue Moon Fiber Arts.
The above two yarns will be combined to become an Ulmus.


Some Brooks Farm mystery yarn. I really have no idea what it is, but it appears to be a super bulky. I'm planning on using it for Serendipity.


Some more Brooks Farm, but this one I can positively identify as Willow, a worsted weight wool/bamboo blend. This was an impulse buy, and I have no idea what I will do with it!


One of the best things about last year's MDSW was our total score on Koigu Painter's Premium Pallette Merino mill ends. By the time we arrived at the vendor, a sad little pile of 20 or so skeins sat there, and I picked out a few girly colors just for the hell of it.
Some Blue Ridge Yarns sock yarn. It's so fun--it comes with a variegated and a coordinated solid to use for the toes and heel! My only other impulse buy of the weekend. I don't really have a plan, but it will likely end up as something from Socks from the Toe Up by Wendyknits.
I also had my first look at Tess' Designer Yarns. I had not visited her booth before, but she really has some lovely stuff. I got some Superwash Merino Lace for trying out on my first lace project, Citron.


Also from Tess, I bought some Superwash Merino (worsted) that hopefully be used for Springtime in Hollis for my baby girl.
I also picked up some Shalimar Yarns Honey Worsted. I LOVED this colorway (called Sonoma), and I'm thinking it will be perfect for a February Baby Sweater. (Sidenote: when I stashed this on Ravelry, the owner of the company asked to use this picture on the yarn's Rav page!)


I also got a ton of Louet Riverstone Bulky in assorted to colors for a few projects that are too cute to divulge at this point. Check back later for details.
OMG, I think that's it! I'm finishing up socks for the hubster and then moving on to the aforementioned too-cute project!

No comments:

Post a Comment